Professional Medical Associates’ – PCP Restriction Removal and Practice Endorsement Program
The program includes all didactic material and practical sessions for the Primary Care Paramedic to have the following restrictions lifted and/or endorsements added to their practice permit.
- Insertion of iGel® airway device;
- Conduct peripheral venipuncture;
- Conduct intraosseous needle insertion;
- Monitor blood and/or blood products;
- Monitor Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) lines;
- Administration of ibuprofen;
- Administration of diphenhydramine;
- Administration of dimenhydrinate;
- Administration of acetaminophen;
- Administration of 2/3 – 1/3 intravenous (IV) solution;
- Administration of parenteral nutrition;
- Administration of seasonal flu vaccines;
- Assessment of core temperature.
The hybrid program provides the didactic material in a convenient online format that is self-paced. On successful completion of the individual examinations, with a score of at least 80%, the participant will attend a 1-day session in the office to do the practical components of the program.
The cost of the entire program is $375.00. On completion of the in-class portion a letter and certificate will be provided to the participant for submission to the Alberta College of Paramedics.